FLAMAL™ Pure Propylene
FLAMAL, a stable, propylene-based high energy fuel gas, is a cutting-edge alternate to acetylene, propane, blended fuels and natural gas. When used for cutting, brazing, metalizing and heating applications, FLAMAL combines the best performance characteristics of acetylene with the safety of propane to produce superior results.
Time, as they say, is money. Because of higher flame temperature and high BTU output in the secondary combustion cone, when using FLAMAL, you can expect faster flame cutting, gouging, flame hardening and metalizing. In fact, it's common to improve production by as much as 30% over propane or natural gas.
Benefits and Features
- Faster cutting speed improves productivity
- Secondary flame burns two times hotter than acetylene
- Resistance to backfire and flashback improves safety
- Stable as gas and liquid for improved shock sensitivity
- Innovative 435 psig cylinder relief valve helps ensure safe use
- Fewer, lighter cylinders improves handling and portability, plus reduces on-site cylinder inventory
- Flame cutting
- Flame hardening
- Heating, bending and straightening
- Soldering, brazing and braze welding
- Thermal spray
- Other specialized uses
Download FLAMAL specifications and comparisons
Download our FLAMAL brochure
Compare FLAMAL to Leading Fuel Gases
Help: Talk to the Experts
Webinars: Register or view
Newsletters: Subscribe now
Literature: Browse library
Trade Shows: Check schedule
FLAMAL has the highest vaporization rate of all available fuel gases. This means you will experience fewer fuel gas pressure problems in cold weather. Higher pressures and draw rates maintain production to such a high degree that many shops report they no longer need vaporizers or manifolds when using FLAMAL.
FLAMAL is stable as a liquid and as a gas, and may be used safely at full cylinder pressures (i.e. 135 psi @ 70°F). FLAMAL has not been shown to detonate if a cylinder is dropped or dented. As with all flammable gases, proper safety precautions should be used at all times, observing all local, state and Federal guidelines.
Contact us for a FLAMAL cost savings analysis for your specific application.